Monday, April 26, 2010

Why a FF buggy?

Why a FF buggy?
I've always liked things which are unique and different which is why among a field of Associated B4s, Kyosho RB5s and Losi XXX-CRs, I've been running a X-Factory X-6 and Atomic Carbon CR2 at the local track. And while mid motor cars are pretty unique (well they aren't really anymore I guess...), front-wheel drive buggies are really something else!

I've seen and read up on these awesome buggies on the internet, mostly one-off custom builds. The project was inspired by buggies like these...















Always thought they looked extremely unusual in a cool way and according to what little information there is on the internet they didn't run too badly either. FWD supposedly offered advantages on loose tracks as they didn't spin out. Kyosho produced the Maxxum FF buggy and while I never drove one of those many didn't consider that a "race-inspired" design like some of these purpose built buggies.

Unlikely to ever get a chance to buy one of these so I decided to try my hand at building my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment