Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Chassis Mods

Today I cut new chassis plates out of carbon fiber and while I was at it I decided to make some small changes. I changed the shape of the upper deck slightly to add strength to some areas (although I didn't really have any problems with breakage yet) and removed some area for aesthetics.

Biggest change to the bottom chassis is that I've modified it to give more front kickup. The hingepin mounting block used to be mounted on top of the lower deck but now it is sitting flush with the bottom of the upper deck. This is done via spacers which will also allow me to add or remove "kick-up" if I need it.

In case you're wondering, the hingepin blocks come from a DB-01. :)


Hingepin blocks now sit flush with chassis bottom to give more "kick up"


Here's a pic with everything mounted up.

1 comment:

  1. Love this car Mark, hope when you have the time, to make me a copy. Please let me know, when you think it is time.

    Best regards Thomas Pettersson /Sweden

    ReplyDelete