Monday, May 3, 2010

Track testing update - 8.5T motor!

Over the past week the buggy has been in the hands of various drivers on the track and their comments have all been positive, but one thing many said was that they'd like a bit more speed in the car. At our local track the 10.5T I was running was pretty fine for most of the track but at the triples it needed a very good line to clear all 3 jumps at a go... I had to admit that I thought with a faster motor I would be able to clear the triples with less effort and thus knock off some seconds off the laptimes.

Yesterday I had some track time after installing a 8.5T Tekin Redline Brushless motor in the buggy. How did it go?

WOW did the new motor add some zip to the car! The triples were much easier to clear now and that was the one part of the track I would lose a bit of time on if other racers were attempting the 3.

The car excels coming off turns as it one doesn't need to feather the throttle - in fact I found myself having to back off the throttle quite a bit when coming up behind cars (to avoid hitting them) as very often the FF buggy would be able to carry more speed in the technical sections of the track.

At the end of a 30 minute test run the motor and ESC were both very cool at about 120 degrees farenheit.

So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment